This week I’ve read 10 Minutes til Bedtime by Peggy Rathmann . It’s about a little boy who needs to get ready for bed.
I wonder is your bedtime routine a bit like this? Sometimes I put off doing things that I should have done ages ago. Then suddenly I realise that I should’ve been more organised and have to rush and hurry. Sometimes getting ready for bed or school can feel like that. You think that you’ve got loads of time or you just want to finish putting your lego piece in the right place and BAM! you’re late and you have to hurry. Sometimes it’s tough to be organised. Here are some ideas to help…
- Have a regular bedtime every night.
- Use a timer to remind yourself when you need to do something or ask your grown up to help remind you.
- Have a warm bath and brush your teeth.
- Get dressed for bed. Can you do it all by yourself?
- Read a favourite story. Maybe you could choose one from the blog?
- You could play soft music like we do during yoga time.
- You might want to take a teddy or something like that to bed with you.
- Close your eyes and breath deeply.
Before you know it you’ll be off to sleep!
Your morning routine for school can be similar but make sure you eat your breakfast before you brush your teeth.
These ideas may also be helpful.
Calming Yoga music
Tips To Get Your Child Ready For School On Time (Hampton Primary School)
Enjoy! Until then, do good looking for adventures, clean your ears out for good listening and turn your brains on for good learning.
Take care and stay safe,