Over the weekend on your walks, see if you can find any pretty wild flowers. Pick a few, take them home and give them a wash. Try this Flower Press and in a few weeks we will see if we can make a picture with them. Remember, only pick the wild flowers and always check with your adult first.
What you need:
Cloth or kitchen towel
What to do:
- Collect flowers from areas around your home (ensure you have permission to pick flowers)
- Place two flowers flat on the kitchen towel. Ensure they do not touch as this can impact the pressing.
- Cover flowers with another sheet of kitchen towel and press down with a heavy book.
- Leave the flowers for 1 week under the book. It’s good to change the kitchen towel every couple days to drain the moisture.
- After two weeks remove the books and you have pressed flowers.
- Use these to decorate books, postcards or add to your scrapbook.