Hello Year 1!
Thank you to everyone who had a try at my Maths quiz last week! I’m going to give you the answers so that you can see how you got on and then I’ll show you this week’s quiz.
- A rectangle has 4 sides.
- 9 + 6 = 15
- Double 8 is 16.
- I would have 5 sweets left.
- The order of the objects from heaviest to lightest: a car, a table, a brick, an apple, a pencil.
- The number pattern is counting in 2s : 8, 10, 12, 14, 16
- There are 7 days in a week.
- November comes after October.
- Half of 14 is 7.
- I could use 20p, 10p, 5p, 2p coins to make 37p, but you may have found a different way.
This week’s quiz is to do with books and stories as it is World Book Day on Thursday.
Have a try at these questions and remember to post your answers on Seesaw!
- What kind of sandwiches are Paddington’s favourite?
- What sort of material is the strongest of the pigs’ houses made from?
- Where do Stick Man’s family live?
- Who meets the Gruffalo when he takes a walk through the forest?
- Can you finish the name of this book: The Very Hungry __________________.
- What kind of animal is Hairy Maclary?
- What does Jack find at the top of the beanstalk?
- What does Goldilocks eat in the bears’ house?
- Who is Winnie the Pooh’s best friend?
- Who owned the factory in the story of ‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory’?