Year 1 is an exciting year for the children (and teachers!). We hope the children will come home full of stories to tell about the interesting things they are learning.
The beginning of Year 1 is all about transition and helping the children to develop greater independence.
- Early in Year 1 we utilise practical activities for learning and, as the year progresses, children are expected to record their understanding in a variety of ways.
- We work very closely with the Reception team to ensure the transition from Reception to Year 1 is smooth and comfortable for all children
- In Year 1 we focus on building independence
- There will be many opportunities for child initiated learning similar to what they were used to in Reception
- We will be planning in lots of opportunities for outdoor learning, exploration and enquiry
- Group and partner work is a big part of learning in Year 1
English and Maths planning is based on the National Curriculum 2014. We plan and teach a topic-based curriculum and send out a newsletter each term which contains further details. Our topics are as follows:
|Autumn term||Time Travellers|
|Spring term||Dig a Little Deeper|
|Summer term||Summer Fun|
Download the Seesaw app or click the link below