This week in Year 2 we have been thinking about what makes a good learner.
We decided that a good learner
- Listens to the adults in school and their friends
- Shows good concentration and makes sure they don’t distract others
- Tries their best all the time
- Asks for help when they need it
- Works together with others
- Keeps trying even if something doesn’t work the first time
- Learns from their mistakes
Here we are showing off some of our good learning in Maths!
How to help at home
- Make sure your child has somewhere comfortable to sit when completing written tasks
- Point out mistakes that you have made and explain how you overcame them
- Play board games at home, this helps children learn to work together
- Praise your child for listening to others