Over the last 2 weeks we have been working hard to learn ‘Pumpkin Soup’ by heart. We worked together in our classes to draw a story map and decide on actions to help us with our retelling.
We have been practising lots to make sure we really know the story. Our teachers even mixed up the story map and challenged us to put it back in the correct order!
Have a look on Seesaw to see a video of our whole class retellings.
Next week we will be working together to change the characters and the nouns in the story.
How to help at home
- Make (or buy) some pumpkin soup to try, what adjectives could you use to describe it? Remember to use all 5 of your senses.
- Go on a noun or verb hunt around your house. Can you find a noun or verb for every letter of the alphabet?
- Look at the videos on Seesaw – can you join in with the words and actions at the same time?
- Use the story map to help you act out the story.
- Start to think about some new characters and nouns that could be included in our new stories.